Monday, January 3, 2011

Reflecting on 2010

Spiritually
My theme verse for the year was~ "Be still and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10 This verse was sometimes all I could cling to as we waited to see the direction God would choose for us as my husband pursued a new career. And boy, was He faithful and we are very blessed in where He has placed us!

I grew in my faith through several Bible studies I did:
Esther by Beth Moore
Gripped by the Greatness of God by James MacDonald
Ruth by Kelly Minter
Book of James

Attended a Women's Conference where Beth Moore, Pricilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur spoke. It was AMAZING! We had just moved and hadn't even been in our new town for a week. I went by myself and I think that was one of the blessing...just to spend time with my God...alone, no distractions...praising Him for his faithfulness!

Physically
Began taking Zumba and Ab classes at our rec center. The ab class is only 30 minutes but by the end I feel like I'm going to die! I keep going back because the results are GOOD!
During the summer we went to the park almost everyday...I love the walking path around the lake!

Fun things...
Created a blog

Learned how to make Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice, Tamales, Hummus, BBQ nachos and Gravy fries.

Visited 5 states I had never been to on our road trip...Nebraska, Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Louisiana

Got hooked on the TV series...Army Wives

Best book I read..."I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith. This is a tear-jerker and if you are preggo you might want to wait to read this one!

I fell in love with M&M Pretzels...YUMMY!

Got my first facial

No comments:

Post a Comment