Wednesday, October 24, 2012

spider family fun night



my little lady and i have been reading, Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. it's one of my favorite children's books and i wanted to create a family night all around it. i timed it just right with halloween right around the corner and was able to find a few decorations to use. i found spiderweb placemats, spiderwebbing and plastic spiders at the dollar store.


i put the plastic spiders in some ice cube trays, added water and froze them to make some fun ice cubes.
 

i love their faces when they wake up and see the surprise!  they thought the cobwebs were so spooky!


i made pumpkin pancakes and black cinnamon syrup for breakfast. i found the recipe here.


we made spider hats.


we ate pumpkin chocolate chip whoopie pies for dessert. i make these every fall and they are so good! i even used gluten-free flour and they were just as good! i found it here.

2 comments:

  1. Fun!!!! I wish I was there for spider night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your imagination!! Makes me want to do so much more for my hub and kids. Wish we were friends, you seem so fun and down to earth. Well, at least we are sisters in Christ! :) Great blog!!

    blessings!
    Nykiah @ http://howtotrainasuperhero.com/

    ReplyDelete