Thursday, December 9, 2010

not everything works out...

Today, my little lady and I did one of our Candy Cane themed days that I had planned. We read "The Legend of the Candy Cane" by Lori Walburg. A great story, that talks about the true meaning behind the candy cane.

Then we made some candy cane ornaments out of Lifesavers...which totally didn't work! I know I blog about the pretty, cute things that turn out, but I thought I'd show you something that didn't turn out.


This was the finished product after melting them in the oven, not quite like the picture on the directions.

So, my little lady and I both agreed it was a nice try but we wanted something that looked a bit better to hang on the tree. Quickly, I went to my art supplies and pulled out beads and pipe cleaners and we made ornaments out of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment