Friday, November 12, 2010

passing on a spiritual heritage...

fifd="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5538799633398104098"
This is a special basket of books that I keep in our family room. They are books that I use to teach my little lady about different character traits, bible stories and it is the things we use to grow her spiritually. These are just things I've gathered over the years, and we use them often. We use it for devotions, preschool lessons and also to reinforce acceptable behavior. I was asked by one of my friends to give her a list of the different books we used in teaching our little lady about God, I thought I would post it, so that others may find it useful.
Day By Day Begin to Read Bible by Karyn Henley
The Beginner's Bible by Zonderkidz
The New Bible In Pictures for Little Eyes by Kenneth N. Taylor
The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers by Crystal Bowman
Big Thoughts for Little People: ABC's to help you grow by Kenneth N. Taylor
Cookies: Bite-size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
God, I Need to Talk to You About....(Paying Attention, Bad Manners,Lying, Disrespect, etc.) by Dan Carr or Susan K. Leigh (These are the little paperback books in the pictures.)
The Berenstain Bears and the Truth
The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers
The Berenstain Bears Go to Sunday School
The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners
The Berenstain Bears Count Their Blessings

I've gotten most of the books off of Amazon and some at Christian bookstores. If you have a special book you use with your kiddos, will you please share it here. I would love to here about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment