Friday, July 2, 2010

Baking...

Today, I was busy baking!

Granola

Banana Bread

Actually, for the past 2 days I've been preparing to bake some sourdough bread. It's quite the process, since you have to create a starter before you can make the bread dough. To make the starter, I had to combined a bunch of ingredients and then place grapes that were wrapped in cheesecloth in the middle and let in ferment 12 hours.

After it fermented, I had to squeeze the grapes, so that the juice could be incorporated into the dough. Then it had to sit and ferment longer!


Here is the finished product...it didn't rise as much as I wanted too, but tastes pretty good. I still have more starter, so I'm going to try baking another loaf and make some small adjustments. If you are a bread expert and have any suggestions, please do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment