Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day Four- a sick little lady


Just the other day, I was talking to a friend about the way Satan tries to attack us, through our thoughts of doubt, discouragement, and just plain being deceived! The devil does come to steal, kill and destroy! Since going to PNG, I've been more aware of the sneaky ways Satan tries to get into my thoughts or the things that are going on around us to discourage me or to bring me down. Last night, I felt like the evil one was trying to attack us. Today, Clay began his testing with a police department in Colorado. But, yesterday my little lady started getting sick, sick enough to make last night not a good night for sleep. She felt miserable and kept crying out. Of course, I wanted Clay to get a really good night sleep since he would have a big day. Easily, I could have let this situation discourage me, but I knew that was Satan's goal. He wanted to make my mind wander...we aren't at home, where would I take her if she needed to see a doctor, I don't have any meds to give...oh, the mind can wander. Clay and I got up and prayed over her. We both knew Satan was trying to attack us. Shortly after that, Grace fell asleep and didn't wake up until this morning. Praise God! She still has a runny nose, as she says "my nose is sick." But, we have had fun today just hangin' out in the hotel room. We've read books, did puzzles, and had a little picnic in the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment