Wednesday, March 6, 2013

what i'm reading wednesday


do you ever feel like you are coming unglued in your life?

i know there are days that i let my emotions get the best of me and instead of letting the holy spirit guide me into making wiser choices, and i become unglued.   i've been wanting to read this book, "Unglued: Making Wise Choices Midst Raw Emotions," by Lysa Terkeurst, but i haven't gotten around to it.  however, when i was asked to review the "Unglued Devotional" and i jumped at the chance.

the 60 day devotional include daily scripture verses, a "thought of the day," along with a message and prayer at the end.  i love that each day is packed with a bit humor and application.  i think the "thought of the day" was really thought provoking and i found myself thinking about it throughout the day.  it was an easy read and i feel like the devotional could stand alone, since i had not read the book first.   this past several weeks, i've been challenging myself to maintain a peaceful home for my family and i think this book really helped me focus on that and dealing with all the emotions that flood us as women.


No comments:

Post a Comment