Tuesday, January 18, 2011

old things, made new...

Last summer, I had purchased these 2 old windows at a flea market and knew that one day I would use them for some type of wall piece. They both were in need of a paint job. I used some of the leftover paint from my craft room and gave then a couple coats of paint. After a couple of days of drying, I sanded them to give them a distress look.

One of the windows, I hung in my living room. I stuck an old map behind the window and added the "God is love" to it. I plan to change out the decor, as we go through different seasons or sometimes I might just place pictures behind the window glass.



The other window, I added 3 glass nobs to the bottom to hang aprons from. The window hangs on a wall between my kitchen and dining room. I also used some window markers to write a verse on the window. A friend told me about these markers and my little lady loves using them on our back door to create a masterpiece on the glass. I will also use the window for a menu board, when I'm entertaining.




No comments:

Post a Comment