Thursday, August 19, 2010

a bit of cookin'...

Today, I took some of the things I purchased yesterday and did a bit of bulk cooking. I used the tortillas I got at Costco to make bean and cheese burritos. We all get tired of eating sandwiches for lunch, so I made burritos that we could freeze and take out went we need them. I make my own refried beans which I learned how to make from my sister-in-law. I used a pressure cooker to cook my pinto beans.

I add chopped onion, garlic and oil to a pan and saute them. Then I add the beans and smash them with a potato smasher. I added some spices to the bean mixture...cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.

Then I added shredded cheese.

I placed bean mixture on a 10" tortilla and roll it up.


Then wrapped it in wax paper and place it in a Ziploc bag.

I made a total of 13 burritos!

I use the oatmeal I got yesterday to make homemade granola...we eat this almost everyday with yogurt, fruit and milk. The granola consists of rolled oats, flax seed, wheat bran, flour, brown sugar, coconut, cinnamon, honey and oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment