Wednesday, August 25, 2010

$40 a week challenge...

First stop was Safeway, just for some eggs and yogurt. Total after coupons- $3.29 We usually don't need all of these eggs but it was a great deal, so I'm going to use them in some baking and freeze some of the baked goods for when we want them.

Second stop was the farmer's market. I still had quite a bit of fruits and veggies left over from last week, so I could use some of my money to stock pile fruit. All of the berries were on sale for 4 for $5.00. Which is a pretty good deal. So, I bought more strawberries and blueberries to freeze, so that in the wintertime when they are at there highest price or not even in the stores, I will have some to use. I love to make blueberry muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc. And the strawberries go great in scones, jello salad, etc. I also bought some Pollo Asada to use in our homemade "Chipotle style" burritos. Time saving tip...have the meat worker divide up the meat for you in the amount that you would use per meal, rather than you doing it when you get home. Total $27.39

Total for the week- $30.68 I'm $9.32 under budget!!! I guess that helps because last week I was over budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment