Thursday, February 21, 2013

week 1 of 40 days

last week i wrote about our 40 days of Lent.  we are one week in, and here's what has happened.


my name is melissa and i'm a trash digger.
i've been daily digging in the trash.  i'm so used to putting everything in one trash can and i often forget that we now have a compost bin, a bin for paper, a bin for plastics, etc.  this one definitely is going to take some time for me to break my bad habit of everything goes in one can.  in the meantime, i'll be digging through the trash.

this week, i also switched trash companies.  the old company, you had to pay to recycle and my new company it's free.  i also, will be saving $29 on my quarterly bill, because the new company is cheap and includes recycling.   i'm saving money and helping our earth out by recycling.  my little guy will enjoy seeing a new trash truck too.

we spent $44 this week.  my little lady decided to give herself a haircut one night and the next day, we had to go get it fixed at great clips.  she owes me $14.  she decided to work off the money by helping me out more around the house.


we worked on the area for the garden.  all the grass is out.  too bad snow is in the forecast, because i would really like to build the raised beds.

i turned off all technology on sunday.  i was worried that i would go through some kind of withdrawals or need to get something off the internet.  but i didn't.  in fact, it was so nice to not get sucked into the black hole of cyberland.  we went to church, i read, did crafts with the kids, and had a friend over in the evening.

1 comment: