Friday, November 18, 2011

our adoption story...part seven

our little lady was so precious from the moment we got her. it was so much fun introducing her to friends and family! the transition and adjustment to having a daughter was so easy. we loved everything about her and knew she was such a blessing from God.

God reconfirmed how big of a blessing she was to us around her second birthday. one afternoon while she was napping, i was praying and thanking God for our daughter and how much of an answer to prayer she was and our lives were so blessed with her in it. i was also looking for a bible verse that we could give to her as her life verse. something from God's word that would be meaningful to her, help and guide her through life. God immediately reminded me of the verse He gave me when i was so desperately wanting a child...

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" Ephesians 3:20

i knew that God had done just that...immeasurably more that we asked or imagined. our little girl was a gift from Him and our 2 years with her had been amazing! it was in that small quiet moment that almost 3 years earlier God had given me that verse...Ephesians 3:20. i didn't realize the magnitude of the verse God had given me, until that day i was thanking God for her, that i realized that my daughter was born on 3.20. i sat there for a moment shocked at how awesome, how divine, how gracious my God was to me. to not only give me hope and encouragement through a verse, but how the verse He gave me matched the birthday of my daughter! it confirmed His promise to me that He can do immeasurably more than i can ever imagine. it was like a big kiss from my heavenly Father, saying...melissa, you know i love you, and i know this journey has not been easy, but this just shows you how much you can trust me...for immeasurably more.

if you haven't guessed already, Ephesians 3:20 is our daughter's life verse. i'm excited to see God do amazing things in her life! i know that God is going to use her in ways i can't even imagine.

she doesn't mind getting down and dirty!

she loves to play dress up!

she loves her daddy like no other. very much a daddy's girl...i don't even stand a chance, but i'm ok with that!

she loves to read books!


she loves to ride her bike!


she gives the best silly faces!

she's a lover of food! she is an awesome eater! her favorite is still chicky and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment