Thursday, June 2, 2011

packing for 4 in 1 suitcase

the other night i was talking to one of my friends...she will remain nameless.

i told her we were going on a trip and i was going to pack everything in one suitcase.

i think there was laughter on her part...probably because it does sound a bit crazy...but i love a good challenge.

well...i was able to make it work! maybe it's because i've had a ton of practice! i thought i would share a few of my secrets with you.

no. 1~ gather everything you are taking before placing it in the suitcase. i just piled it on the floor next to the suitcase.

no. 2~ first, lay any articles of clothing that are bulky in the bottom of the suitcase. this was all 6 pairs of my husband's shorts.

no. 3~ second, roll up all shirts, kids clothes, pj's, etc. and place in suitcase. rolling them up, allows you to get a lot more clothing to fit and also, helps the clothes from becoming wrinkled.


so what do we have...
6 outfits for each person...24 total!
8 pairs of pj's
lots of underwear, socks, etc.
4 bathing suits
1 package of diapers & 1 package of swim diapers
3 packages of wipes
toiletries
make-up bag
1 travel bible
4 pairs of flip flops

not too bad for a week worth of fun!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You can come and pack for me anytime!! Whenever we go somewhere, I'm always the person with extra bags!! Where are you off to? Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get my jaw off the table! I take my hat off to you super packer! I am impressed and I was laughing when you said you could fit it all in one suitcase...not even quietly!

    ReplyDelete