Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chicken Cacciatore

Cook 1 lb. of cubed chicken breasts in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.

Removed cooked chicken from the pot. Add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped bell pepper to pan. Also, 2 cloves of minced garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.

Pour 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar over veggies. *You can also use cooking sherry instead of vinegar. Add chicken back into the pot. Allow vinegar to cook down for 5 minutes.

Add 1 1/2 cups ketchup and 1 1/2 cups water to pot. Simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti noodles in a separate pot. 8oz to 16oz of pasta, depending on how much pasta to sauce ratio you like. I usually just use about 8oz.

Add cooked noodles to the sauce pot.

I like to serve it with salad and garlic bread. Enjoy! *For my PNG friends...I use to make this all the time in PNG, because I could get all the ingredients. I hope you will give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment