Tuesday, January 26, 2010



My man's favorite author is John Eldredge, so when I saw that he had a new book coming out, I had to get it for him for Christmas. It just so happened that John and his wife, Stasi were going to be doing a book tour and would be speaking about their new book "Love & War" near us. We got to go last week and it was great! Not only did we get to hear John & Staci speak on marriage but I got to have a night away with my man! Yippee!!

Throughout our marriage, I have learned so much about my man through the writings of John Elredge. John nails it in the book "Wild at Heart." When I read this book, I had a better appreciation of who God created my husband to be, or any man or boy for that matter. So, I was thrilled when I found out that John & Stasi wrote a book about marriage! We love investing time into our marriage and those of other couples. Each day I learn more about myself, my man and how God uses that to refine me. The week after we got home from our honeymoon, we jumped into a marriage bible study and looking back that was the best thing we could have ever done! Even though we couldn't relate to what some of the couples were talking about at the time, we certainly can relate now...almost 10 years later. There is not a day that goes by that God doesn't use my marriage to reveal or teach me something!

Check out John & Staci's book @ www.ransomedheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment